WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
About the Website
- Welcome to www.nanniesonamission.com.au (the 'Website'). The Website provides Nanny Services (the 'Services'). The Website is operated by Sarah Jones trading as Nannies on a Mission (ABN 12 418 380 393) (hereafter referred to as NOAM). Access to and use of the Website, or any of its associated Products or Services, is provided by NOAM (the 'Terms') carefully.
- By using, browsing and/or reading the Website, this signifies that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the Terms. If you do not agree with the Terms, you must cease usage of the Website, or any of Services, immediately.
- NOAM reserves the right to review and change any of the Terms by updating this page at its sole discretion. When NOAM endeavours to provide you with notice of updates to the Terms. Any changes to the Terms take immediate effect from the date of their publication.
- Before you continue, we recommend you keep a copy of the Terms for your records. Download here.
Acceptance of the Terms
- You accept the Terms by remaining on the Website. You may also accept the Terms by clicking to accept or agree to the Terms where this option is made available to you by NOAM in the user interface or booking system.
Registration to use the Services
- In order to access the Services, you must first register for an account through the booking component of the Website (the 'Account'). As part of the registration process, or as part of your continued use of the Services, you may be required to provide personal information about yourself (such as identification or contact details), including:
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Telephone number
- Children's Names, DOB and medical information
- You warrant that any information you give to NOAM in the course of completing the registration process will always be accurate, correct and up to date. Once you have completed the registration process, you will be a registered client of the Website ('client') and agree to be bound by the Terms.
- You may not use the Services and may not accept the Terms if:
- you are not of legal age to form a binding contract with NOAM;
- or you are a person barred from receiving the Services under the laws of Australia or other countries including the country in which you are resident or from which you use the Services.
Your obligations as a client
As a client, you agree to comply with the following:
- you will use the Services only for purposes that are permitted by: the Terms;
- and any applicable law, regulation or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions;
- you have the sole responsibility for protecting the confidentiality of your password and/or email address. Use of your password by any other person may result in the immediate cancellation of the Services; any use of your registration information by any other person, or third parties, is strictly prohibited.
- You agree to immediately notify NOAM of any unauthorised use of your password or email address or any breach of security of which you have become aware;
- access and use of the Website is limited, non-transferable and allows for the sole use of the Website by you for the purposes of NOAM providing the Services;
- you will not use the Services or the Website in connection with any commercial endeavours except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by the management of NOAM;
- you will not use the Services or Website for any illegal and/or unauthorised use which includes collecting email addresses of clients by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorised framing of or linking to the Website;
- you agree that commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from the Website without notice and may result in termination of the Services.
- Appropriate legal action will be taken by NOAM for any illegal or unauthorised use of the Website; and you acknowledge and agree that any automated use of the Website or its Services is prohibited.
- Where the option is given to you, you may make payment for the Services (the 'Services Fee') by way of: Electronic funds transfer ('EFT') into our nominated PayPal ('PayPal') account. All payments made in the course of your use of the Services are made using Paypal.
- In using the Website, the Services or when making any payment in relation to your use of the Services, you warrant that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the Paypal terms and conditions which are available on their website. You acknowledge and agree that where a request for the payment of the Services Fee is returned or denied, for whatever reason, by your financial institution or is unpaid by you for any other reason, then you are liable for any costs, including banking fees and charges, associated with the Services Fee.
- You agree and acknowledge that NOAM can vary the Services Fee at any time.
NOAM will only provide you with a refund of the Services Fee in the event they are unable to continue to provide the Services or if the manager of NOAM believes that it is reasonable to do so under the circumstances (the 'Refund') and subject to the existing cancellation policy.
Copyright and Intellectual Property
- The Website, the Services and all of the related products of NOAM are subject to copyright. The material on the Website is protected by copyright under the laws of Australia and through international treaties. Unless otherwise indicated, all rights (including copyright) in the Services and compilation of the Website (including but not limited to text, graphics, logos, button icons, video images, audio clips, Website, code, scripts, design elements and interactive features) or the Services are owned or controlled for these purposes, and are reserved by NOAM
- All trademarks, service marks and trade names are owned, registered and/or licensed by NOAM, who grants to you a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, revocable license whilst you are a client to:
- use the Website pursuant to the Terms; copy and store the Website and the material contained in the Website in your device's cache memory; and print pages from the Website for your own personal and non-commercial use.
- NOAM does not grant you any other rights whatsoever in relation to the Website or the Services. All other rights are expressly reserved by NOAM
- NOAM retains all rights, title and interest in and to the Website and all related Services. Nothing you do on or in relation to the Website will transfer any: business name, trading name, domain name, trade mark, industrial design, patent, registered design or copyright, or a right to use or exploit a business name, trading name, domain name, trade mark or industrial design, or a thing, system or process that is the subject of a patent, registered design or copyright (or an adaptation or modification of such a thing, system or process), to you.
- You may not, without the prior written permission of NOAM and the permission of any other relevant rights owners: broadcast, republish, up-load to a third party, transmit, post, distribute, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the Services or third party Services for any purpose, unless otherwise provided by these Terms.
- This prohibition does not extend to materials on the Website, which are freely available for re-use or are in the public domain.
- NOAM takes your privacy seriously and any information provided through your use of the Website and/or Services are subject to NOAM the Website.
- Nothing in the Terms limits or excludes any guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions implied or imposed by law, including the Australian Consumer Law (or any liability under them) which by law may not be limited or excluded.
- Subject to this clause, and to the extent permitted by law: all terms, guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions which are not expressly stated in the Terms are excluded; and NOAM will not be liable for any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage (unless such loss or damage is reasonably foreseeable resulting from our failure to meet an applicable Consumer Guarantee), loss of profit or opportunity, or damage to goodwill arising out of or in connection with the Services or these Terms (including as a result of not being able to use the Services or the late supply of the Services), whether at common law, under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, pursuant to statute or otherwise.
- Use of the Website and the Services is at your own risk. Everything on the Website and the Services is provided to you "as is" and "as available" without warranty or condition of any kind.
- None of the affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contributors and licensors of NOAM make any express or implied representation or warranty about the Services or any products or Services (including the products or Services of NOAM(but is not restricted to) loss or damage you might suffer as a result of any of the following:
- failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, failure to correct defects, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or other harmful component, loss of data, communication line failure, unlawful third party conduct, or theft, destruction, alteration or unauthorised access to records;
- the accuracy, suitability or currency of any information on the Website, the Services, or any of its Services related products (including third party material and advertisements on the Website);
- costs incurred as a result of you using the Website, the Services or any of the products of NOAM; and the Services or operation in respect to links which are provided for your convenience.
Limitation of liability
- NOAM's total liability arising out of or in connection with the Services or these Terms, however arising, including under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, under statute or otherwise, will not exceed the resupply of the Services to you.
- You expressly understand and agree that NOAM, its affiliates, employees, agents, contributors and licensors shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special consequential or exemplary damages which may be incurred by you, however caused and under any theory of liability.
- This shall include, but is not limited to, any loss of profit (whether incurred directly or indirectly), any loss of goodwill or business reputation and any other intangible loss.
Termination of Contract
- The Terms will continue to apply until terminated by either you or by NOAM as set out below.
- If you want to terminate the Terms, you may do so by:
- providing NOAM with 14 days' notice of your intention to terminate;
- and closing your accounts for all of the services which you use, where NOAM has made this option available to you.
- Your notice should be sent, in writing, to NOAM via the 'Contact Us' link on our homepage.
- NOAM may at any time, terminate the Terms with you if:
- you have breached any provision of the Terms or intend to breach any provision;
- NOAM is required to do so by law;
- the provision of the Services to you by NOAM is, in the opinion of NOAM Subject to local applicable laws, NOAM reserves the right to discontinue or cancel your client account at any time and may suspend or deny, in its sole discretion, your access to all or any portion of the Website or the Services without notice if you breach any provision of the Terms or any applicable law or if your conduct impacts NOAM's rights and those of another party.
- You agree to indemnify NOAM, its affiliates, employees, agents, contributors, third party content providers and licensors from and against:
- all actions, suits, claims, demands, liabilities, costs, expenses, loss and damage (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis) incurred, suffered or arising out of or in connection with Your Content; any direct or indirect consequences of you accessing, using or transacting on the Website or attempts to do so;
- and/or any breach of the Terms.
- Compulsory: If a dispute arises out of or relates to the Terms, either party may not commence any Tribunal or Court proceedings in relation to the dispute, unless the following clauses have been complied with (except where urgent interlocutory relief is sought).
- Notice: A party to the Terms claiming a dispute ('Dispute') has arisen under the Terms, must give written notice to the other party detailing the nature of the dispute, the desired outcome and the action required to settle the Dispute.
- Resolution: On receipt of that notice ('Notice') by that other party, the parties to the Terms ('Parties') must:
- Within 30 days of the Notice endeavour in good faith to resolve the Dispute expeditiously by negotiation or such other means upon which they may mutually agree;
- If for any reason whatsoever, 30 days after the date of the Notice, the Dispute has not been resolved, the Parties must agree upon selection of a mediator ;
- The Parties are equally liable for the fees and reasonable expenses of a mediator and the cost of the venue of the mediation and without limiting the foregoing undertake to pay any amounts requested by the mediator as a pre-condition to the mediation commencing.
- The Parties must each pay their own costs associated with the mediation;
- The mediation will be held in Cairns, Australia.
- Confidential: All communications concerning negotiations made by the Parties arising out of and in connection with this dispute resolution clause are confidential and to the extent possible, must be treated as "without prejudice" negotiations for the purpose of applicable laws of evidence.
- Termination of Mediation: If 30 days have elapsed after the start of a mediation of the Dispute and the Dispute has not been resolved, either Party may ask the mediator to terminate the mediation and the mediator must do so.
Venue and Jurisdiction
- The Services offered by NOAM is intended to be viewed by residents of Australia.
- In the event of any dispute arising out of or in relation to the Website, you agree that the exclusive venue for resolving any dispute shall be in the courts of Queensland, Australia.
- Governing Law - The Terms are governed by the laws of Queensland, Australia. Any dispute, controversy, proceeding or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way relating to the Terms and the rights created hereby shall be governed, interpreted and construed by, under and pursuant to the laws of Queensland, Australia, without reference to conflict of law principles, notwithstanding mandatory rules.
- The validity of this governing law clause is not contested.
- The Terms shall be binding to the benefit of the parties hereto and their successors and assigns.
- Independent Legal Advice - Both parties confirm and declare that the provisions of the Terms are fair and reasonable and both parties having taken the opportunity to obtain independent legal advice and declare the Terms are not against public policy on the grounds of inequality or bargaining power or general grounds of restraint of trade.
- Severance If any part of these Terms is found to be void or unenforceable by a Court of competent jurisdiction, that part shall be severed and the rest of the Terms shall remain in force.